Carmen.co is on a mission to help every job candidate unlock their true potential. We believe that human capital is the world’s most important asset. Skill mismatch and job displacement are not only major contributors to large and persistent earnings losses but also have a major impact on workforce productivity. The oncoming impact of AI and automation is expected to further compound this issue by creating new and old occupational categories.
We are a group of passionate innovators and entrepreneurs with a proven track record of creating value and we care deeply about solving this enormous problem relating to skill mismatch and job displacement. We are building powerful technology that leverages machine learning and natural language processing to empower job candidates to achieve their highest potential towards productivity and earnings. We are targeting significant growth and milestones in the next few years and are looking to hire exceptional talent to join our team.
Join our Engineering team.
What You’ll Do | Responsibilities
- Full development life-cycle from project spec to deployment, including requirements, design, implementation, cyber security, testing and maintenance.
- Lead software design, implementation, and maintenance phases for web server applications in an Agile environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure high quality end products while advocating for and adhering to software development’s best practices.
- Leverage experience with Java and Spring Boot framework development to support the architecture and system design of large web applications for the talent tech market.
- Collaborate with, manage and help grow our software development team.
What We Look For
- Bachelors degree, Computer Science or Engineering major preferred.
- 4+ years Java programming experience with overall familiarity with Java 8 and its advanced concepts.
- Knowledge of web back-end frameworks, and open-standard format and protocols such as Spring, Json, XML, http, RESTful.
- Familiarity with microservices and container ecosystems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in both SQL and MySQL.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on and complete tasks on time.
- Shown initiative in discovering existing and new challenges pertaining to the development environment, and a track record to seek improvement, find resolutions, and streamline tools and processes to meet delivery challenges.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively, while considering the customer’s perspective as well as business impact.
- Familiarity with securing the products, tools, and processes around the product.
What We Prefer
- Strong knowledge of the Agile process.
- Practical knowledge and exposure to frontend technologies such as React, TypeScript, PostCSS and NodeJS.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing company and demonstrated ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Shown flexibility working under changing conditions and an ability to work with resources in different time-zones.
- An insatiable desire to learn new technologies and and a solid coaching/mentoring mindset to help others learn quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of configuration management and continuous integration, delivery and deployment practices.
- Working experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl.
- Practical knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
Benefits To You
- A competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- A competitive stock options package as an early member of the team.
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy.
- A comprehensive health and dental insurance plan.
Carmen does not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Carmen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.