Carmen is a talent tech company on a mission to help every job candidate unlock their true potential. We believe that human capital is the world’s most important asset and we’re here to help solve skill mismatch and job displacement. These two factors are major contributors to large and persistent earnings losses and have a major impact on our productivity.
We are a group of passionate innovators and entrepreneurs with a proven track record of creating value. We care deeply about solving this enormous problem and are building powerful technology that leverages machine learning and natural language processing to empower job candidates with the best tools to help everyone achieve their highest potential towards productivity and earnings. We are targeting significant growth and milestones in the next few years and are looking to hire exceptional talent
The Opportunity: Principal UX Designer
We are looking for a Principal UX Designer to help us craft Carmen’s core B2C experience: helping job candidates succeed by connecting them with jobs that best match their skill sets. In the first year, you’ll play a crucial role in designing our candidate interface platform. You’ll dig deep to figure out how best to use Carmen’s data to create great experiences for users. We’ll rely on your strategic approach to UX as you help create an overarching narrative for users navigating our ecosystem.
What We Look For
• User experience generalist who can do a little bit of everything, but are especially skilled in interaction design for consumer systems
• You’re a conceptual, big-picture thinker with strong service design instincts who helps craft and hold the overall product vision
• You enjoy simplifying complexity, and are driven to build experiences customers love
• You have a portfolio demonstrating your approach to simplifying complex workflows
• You have a history of communicating and collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, and other partners, up to the executive level
• You have experience designing for tablet and mobile
• 3+ years of experience in User Experience Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, or similar relevant experience
• Proficiency with standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision/MarvelApp, Balsamiq, whatever gets the job done)
What You Enjoy Doing
• Define user flows, feature set, and journey maps in collaboration with the Carmen team
• Work hands-on to lead design of feature areas across platforms
• Design across responsive web & native mobile
• Define user research needs
• Working closely with Engineering during implementation
• Help evolve our design principles and design system
• Use your experience and perspective as you actively participate in frequent design reviews; give and receive effective, thoughtful critique, and know when and how to incorporate feedback into your own designs
• Mentor peers across teams in UX methodologies
Benefits To You
• Competitive salary based on experience and skills
• Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
• A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
Carmen does not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Carmen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.